Marko Arnautovic turned down Manchester United move, claims agent
Posted by  badge Boss on Oct 15
Marko Arnautovic was a shock target for Manchester United over the summer (Picture: Getty Images)

Manchester United did not pull out of a move for Marko Arnautovic, but in fact the striker turned down a switch to Old Trafford, claims the player’s agent Tiziano Pasquali.

One of the most surprising transfer sagas of the summer was United’s unexpected pursuit of the 33-year-old former and forward.

The Austrian left the Premier League for China in 2019 and looked very unlikely to ever return, but after an impressive season last time round for Bologna, the Red Devils fancied bringing him back to England.

A £7.5m bid was rejected by the Italian side for the man who had scored 14 Serie A goals last season and fan reaction to United bidding for the veteran appeared to see the Red Devils decide against making another offer.

However, Arnautovic’s agent says it was actually his client who didn’t fancy the move, wanting to stay at Bologna despite not only interest from United but Juventus as well.

‘Yes, and had come forward,’ Pasquali told on interest in his client over the summer.

‘From the English we had received a written proposal, and the negotiations had continued even after some contrary opinions from their fans.

‘But in the end, it was Marko who chose not to drag it out too long and to stay at Bologna. How can you think that he is now in a bad way?’

The Arnautovic bid came when Manchester United were looking in a bad place up front, with Cristiano Ronaldo pushing for an exit and before Antony arrived from Ajax.

They appeared to be very short of options in attack, but with Ronaldo staying, Antony arriving and the likes of Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Anthony Martial, things are not so bad for Erik ten Hag in that department.

Meanwhile, Arnautovic is continuing to shine for Bologna, scoring six goals in nine Serie A games this season so far.

.

 and .


You Might Also Like 👇